Baba Deep Singh Gurmat Sangeet Academy Download Our Brochure

Arrow up
Arrow down

[ VIDEO ] Gurdwara Patshahi Pehli at Maiman Singh - Bangladesh

The Gurdwara at Maiman Singh (Bangladesh) was built in 1945 inside the Gangana Park, beside a Kalimandir. Heera Singh, a Bangali Sikh was appointed to assume the charge of supervisor. All Sikhs who lived there, left during the Partition in 1947. It is now being refurbished by SampardaiKaar Sewa Sarhali Sahib.

The partition of India and the ensuing riots caused an exodus of Sikhs from Bangladesh to India and in the process Gurdwaras were left unattended.

As some of these Gurdwaras have historical significance to Sikhs (e.g. visited by Guru Nanak Dev ji / Guru Tegh Bahadur ji), it is of paramount importance that we recover them for the sake of the panth.

Sampardai Kaar Sewa Sarhali Sahib, along with well-wishers and supporters (sangat and Sikh organisations) from India have made great strides in acquiring Gurdwara lands from illegal settlers. With most of the Gurdwaras in bad shape, the financial help of the sangat is sort to carry out much-needed repair works.

Read about Gurdwaras in Bangladesh here.